The Faculty Career Enhancement Program includes workshops and seminars that enhance the professional quality of life of faculty members and faculty administrators from recruitment to retirement. This programing provides, encourages, and communicates a culture of community, support, and rigor; facilitates a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion; develops and supports cohorts that share resources and sustain one another; and deepens the leadership pipeline.
Click below to learn more about all of our offerings!
- In pursuit of national distinction, the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences (SVPHS) Education Unit aims to integrate, support, and create exceptional educational activities, programs, and strategies for faculty and learners across U of U Health. Click here for information regarding offerings from the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences Education Unit.
- The VPCAT Research Scholars Program has been designed to offer intensive mentorship and support to early-stage faculty members engaged in clinical and translational research in transitioning to accomplished, funded principal investigators. Click here for additional information on the VPCAT Research Scholars Program.
The Martha Bradley Evans Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) provides a variety of services to all instructors at the U with an emphasis on best pedagogical practices and strategies for teaching. Click here for more information regarding the services they offer.
The Office of Research Education (REd) provides “comprehensive training and learning opportunities and resources for faculty, students and staff engaged in responsible conduct of research at the University of Utah.” Click here for more information regarding the services they offer.
The Human Resources Training & Development Department is committed to helping our faculty and staff to cultivate the skills and knowledge necessary for success by providing numerous professional learning opportunities. Click here for Training & Development opportunities provided by UofU HR.
- American Association of Colleges & Universities (AACU) https://www.aacu.org/
- American Council on Education (ACE) https://www.acenet.edu/Pages/default.aspx
- Association of American Universities (AAU) https://www.aau.edu/
- Association of Public & Land-Grant Universities (APLU) https://www.aplu.org/meetings-and-events/
- Council for Advancement & Support of Education (CASE) https://www.case.org/
- Harvard Institutes for Higher Education https://www.gse.harvard.edu/ppe/harvard-institutes-higher-education-programs
- New Leadership Academy https://diversity.utah.edu/nla/
- Women Leaders in Higher Education (HERS) https://www.hersnetwork.org/
- Academic Impressions https://www.academicimpressions.com/
- EAB: Education Technology, Services, and Research (EAB) https://eab.com/
- The Chair Academy https://www.chairacademy.com/index.html