The University of Utah has several mental health and well-being resources available in support of faculty:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP). You can schedule an appointment by calling 801-587-9319 or 800-926-9619. You can also get more information here.
EAP is a resource for faculty that is similar to Student Counseling Center; it’s just not located in one physical place. EAP provides short-term support, and they can also refer out for longer-term support. As a reminder, this resource is completely free as one of our benefits as U of U employees.
- Huntsman Mental Health Institute (HMHI). They have a number of resources you can access here.
In particular, the following HMHI resources may be useful to faculty members:
Utah Crisis Line: 800-273-8255
Rapid Access Psychiatric Consult Clinic (you need a referral from your doctor to access this clinic)
- The U's Student Wellness Center offers workshops not just for students, but also for faculty and staff.
- The Resiliency Center, for U of U Health employees. While this Center is intended for U of U Health employees, the website has information that is useful for everyone.
- You can also access the Resiliency Center Here